Friday, February 10, 2017

DIY Sweatshirt: Beach Addict



I found this adorable sweatshirt on Lulu's and I just had to get it!

...but then I looked at the price and realized it was $50! So I thought, I could totally DIY this. So here I go! I would say this DIY came out to be about $15-20, most of the price comes down to the actual sweatshirt so you could make this really cheap or expensive depending on what base you choose.
I got my sweatshirt from Forever 21 and I chose to get a slightly cropped on because I liked that style for this look (that's the best part about DIYs! You can customize)

Materials:
Sweatshirt
White fabric paint (preferably matte)
Foam brush
Stencil



I chose this stencil because it was the closest to the Lulu's one, and I liked the size. Arrange it on the sweatshirt making sure they are evenly spaced.
Following the directions on the paint, carefully fill in the stencil. I found that doing one layer at a time created the most opaque color. I also found that you should remove the stencil before the paint dries to get the sharpest letter outline.
Let it dry and continue to follow the instructions on the paint
Ta da! All done! I love the way it turned out and that it's way cheaper than the Lulu's one!




 Hope you enjoyed this DIY!
XOXO
CC

No comments :

Post a Comment