Monday, May 9, 2016

Beauty Review: Function of Beauty Personalized Shampoo and Conditioner


So, you may or may not remember me fangirling over Function of Beauty in my Holiday Gift Guide Post. Basically Function of beauty has you take this little quiz to describe your hair type and concerns and then creates a personalized shampoo and conditioner set for you!

First impression: I got the tropical scent which is passion fruit and papaya
Both the shampoo and conditioner are creamy-ish (opaque) so it's definitely a light (i.e. not super drying/harsh) combo.
The shampoo actually rinsed out really nicely, it conditioned my hair a little so it didn't leave it in knots at all
The conditioner was definitely a lighter conditioner, and felt kind of like a thin lotion. After leaving it on for a few minutes and rinsing it out, it rinsed out super smooth and my hair felt amazingly soft. When I continued rinsing the initial slippery-ness faded a little and I don't think it left my hair quite as moisturized as I would have liked

Drying: I always put a little argon oil on my hair as I let it air dry. Especially on my ends.

After drying: The next morning my hair felt really great. It was super soft and still had a very subtle hint of the smell. Also, one of the things I wanted my set to do was soothe my scalp, and I have noticed overtime that it definitely has

Scent: it was kind of weird. Sort of smelled like trident gum with a very subtle mint smell. I wish the scent had been stronger.

Overall: The set works really well. The only thing I would "complain" about is just that the scent wasn't what I expected. Overall, would I repurchase this? I have to say I really like what it did for my hair, but it's sort of pricey and I don't know if it works better than cheaper products that claim to accomplish the same thing.

UPDATE 2/2017:
After exploring some other shampoos and conditioners I do think that this is a product worth repurchasing. It really does do the job, but I think it's one of those things you don't notice until it's gone! LOL

Here is a random picture of my hair post - wash hahaha:


Hope this was helpful!
XOXO CC

No comments :

Post a Comment