Friday, June 12, 2015

Prom 2015


This post is going up late, but better late than never! This year I went for something a little more glam and modern compared to last year. I wore a rose gold dress and put my hair in an updo with dutch braids.

My updo
Hair: I split my hair into a side part and started creating 2 dutch braids, one on either side of the part, all the way to the back of my head. I pulled at each braid to make it fluffy and give it some texture, then I pulled the remaining hair into a low pony tail, teased it, and coiled it into a bun.

My dress ft. the slit and my shoes

Makeup: (By my friend)
Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Palette - a slight smokey eye that matched my dress
Smog all over the lid, Virgin on the inner corner, on brow bone, and mixed with Half-Baked to go in the center of the eye. Darkhorse in the outer V and blended out with Naked. Naked and Buck mixed in the crease. Slightly winged liner and Bareminerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara


Dress: My rose gold dress is from Forever 21 I added the slit myself to give my dress a little something extra and also to make it easier to walk. I loved how unique the dress looked and how it wasn't overly fancy, but that it was just right for the occasion! I also loved that it had straps because going strapless last year  got a bit annoying. 
But I should warn you, the inside of the dress was black and the color rubbed off on me a bit by the end of the night, it wasn't a big deal because I scrubbed it off. You get what you pay for.

Shoes: My shoes are from Justfab, they're the same ones from last year but in black because I love the way they look! (Once again, I took the fringe off) 
My bestie giving me my corsage!

The back of my dress
I hope you all enjoyed this post and had a fantastic and safe prom season!
XOXO,
CC

No comments :

Post a Comment