Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mango Lassi with a little kick

Lassi: a sweet or savory Indian drink made from a yogurt or buttermilk base with water
Ingredients:
1 Mango
2 slices of dried mango (optional)
3/4 cup of yogurt (vanilla or plain)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cloves
pinch (or about 1/8 tsp) of cayenne pepper
3-4 cubes of ice

The dried mango slices and cayenne pepper are optional but adds a little "something something" to the drink. I also chose to not add water to my drink because I didn't want to thin it out, and I knew the ice would melt a little and water it down anyway.

1. Chop the dried mango into small pieces (small enough to suck through a straw)
2. Add all the ingredients to a magic bullet or blender and blend away
3. TA DA! You're done!

Try this out and let me know what you think!

XOXO 
CC

No comments :

Post a Comment