Friday, August 22, 2014

Highlighters, Highlighters, Highlighters

Hi Everyone!
Picture day is coming up and I'm trying to decide which highlighter to use...I have A TON of (well, more than I need) highlighters.


So which of these highlighters should I use? Seeing as pictures=flash I decided to test each highlighter with and without flash to help me figure out which I like best and which I should use.

Becca: Opal
Without Flash
With Flash
Let's start with the Becca Skin Perfector (liquid) in Opal. It has the most rose-gold tint out of all of the highlighters, and it blends out into a very natural tan-ish shimmer

Benefit: High Beam
Without Flash
With Flash

Benefit's High Beam is a very luminescent light pearl color. I think it appears more shimmery than Becca


Benefit: Watt's Up
Without Flash
With Flash
Benefit's Watt's Up has more of a champagne-y tone. Less shimmer, more of a subtle highlighter

Sephora: Aspen Summit
Without Flash
With Flash
Sephora's Aspen Summit is a white, highly shimmery eye shadow, it blends out to a very subtle highlighter

Urban Decay: Virgin
Without Flash
With Flash
Urban Decay's Virgin is a rose-y tone eye shadow with more of a sheen/shimmer than actual glitter, it pretty much disappeared when I blended it out, so it's no the best choice...

Final Verdict:
I went with Benefit's Watt's Up. Becca's would work well for someone who was a little tanner, and I think High Beam would work well for someone who was fairer. So, I went with Watt's Up since it was in the middle, and I didn't want to have TOO much sparkle and shimmer in my picture.
The eye shadows are also completely out of the question, because they did not blend out as nicely (to create a highlighter) as the actual highlighters.


Which one would you guys choose? Lot's of love!
CC

P.S. Yes, I did see that weird dot on my arm and I don't know what it is...

No comments :

Post a Comment