Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Prom 2014

My date and I went for calla lilies and blue details to match my shoes
Isn't my friend's dress gorgeous?


My prom was later than most people's (and then I did not have time to create a long post about the whole thing...), but I thought I would share my makeup, hair, dress and shoes with you all!
Let me start by saying that I am crazy PICKY about clothes, and a prom dress is no exception! The dress that I ended up picking up is really pretty, and it was on sale! 50% off (that definitely helped me make my decision haha)
It's a nude-y/taupe color with some silver detailing

The dress is from JC Penny


For hair, I wanted to curl it and leave it down. So I went for vintage/Veronica Lake inspired curls. They were surprisingly easy.

Materials:
  • 1 inch barrel curling iron
  • Heat protectant 
  • Brush
  • Hairspray
  • Bobby pins
  1. Start off by creating a deep side part
  2. Spray some heat protectant, I used the the CHI 44 Iron guard
  3. Curl the half of the head that has more hair toward your face (Note: leave about 1 inch of hair by your face untouched for later)
  4. Taking about 1 inch sections, I wrapped my hair around the wand, trying not to twist the hair (letting the hair lay flat on the wand)
  5. Catch the hair after releasing it from the iron, so it cools in the curl shape.
  6. On the half of the head with less hair, curl away from the face (all of the hair should be curled in the same direction)
  7. Going back to the 1 inch section by the face, curl that section away from the face (in the opposite direction of the rest of the hair) When curling this section, you can let this section twist up on the wand to create a softer, "S" shaped curl
  8. Set all of the curls with some soft hold hairspray 
  9. Once all of the hair has cooled, take a brush and gently brush out the curls (this should create the waves) Since the hair is all going in the same direction, you get big Veronica Lake waves
  10. Spray hair again
  11. Tuck the hair (on the side with less hair) behind the ear, and pin in place with bobby pins that match your hair color


Makeup:
Creds go to my friend Hanaa all the way! I love that she created a light, natural look that was not overpowering, but was still glamorous
Skin: Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in Light/Medium

Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Ash

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion
UD Naked Palette: Sin on the lid, Buck in the crease, with a little bit of Darkhorse in the outer "v"
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner to create a slight wing
Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara on just the top lashes
Here is a creepy shot of my eye haha

Lips:
Loreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Pink Resistance

Shoes:
Shoes are probably my favorite part of any outfit! I really wanted to use my shoes to create a pop of color, because I had a neutral dress. I went for cobalt blue shoes, from Just Fab the shoes I bought had fringe on them which I thought made the ensemble look "busy", luckily the fringe was removable! I think the shoes looked super classy and I'm super happy with them!

My dress had a slit in it, so the pop of color did not go to waste!

Hope you all had a safe and fun Prom season! I know this is long overdue!
Check out Prom 2015 here!

Lots of love!
CC

No comments :

Post a Comment